Version: 26 November 2018
- Which customer details do we process?
When you purchase a ticket via our website, we ask for the following personal details:
– Address, postcode, city, and country (optional)
– E-mail address
– Telephone number (optional)
– Date of birth (optional)
– Gender (optional)
You can only buy tickets online using an account. On the day of a performance, you can, if still available, buy tickets at the door for performances in Theater de Machinefabriek.
We store your details in our customer database TicketWorks. If you have payed online, your bank account number is also stored in our database. This ensures that we can quickly refund you in the case of a cancellation.
In addition to customer details, we store details of contacts such as businesses and press. These contacts are stored in our contact database.
- Purposes and legal grounds for data processing
We would like to make it clear why we process the abovementioned details, and what we do with them:
– Name: These details are a requirement for carrying out the transaction. It is not possible to place an order without a name.
– E-mail address: These details are a requirement for carrying out the transaction. We use your email address to send you the e-ticket and to send you a service email about the performance you will be attending.
- How long to we keep your details for?
We store your details in our database for 7 years. We do this because this is the only way we can make (anonymous) visitor and trend analyses. Although we have a large group of regular customers, many other customers only visit a performance once every so many years. We need to, therefore, be able to make analyses in the long term in order to determine whether we meet our municipal requirement of reaching as broad and diverse an audience as possible.
- Anonymous ticket purchase
If, despite our careful use of personal details, you would prefer not to have your details stored in our database, you can also make use of the option to buying physical tickets in person.
- Rights of individuals
We would like to refer you to your rights as an individual, regarding the processing of personal data in our database:
– Right to be informed: You have the right to ask us whether your personal details are being processed.
– Right of access: You have the right to access your stored details.
– Right to rectification: You have the right to request a rectification to your details.
– Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to remove your details from our database. That right only applies if the details are not or no longer necessary for the transaction. If, for example, you will still attend a performance, your details will be retained in our database until that attendance. After that we will, in accordance with your request, anonymise your data and remove all traceable personal details.
– Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your details in a manner that allows you to easily pass them on to another responsible party.
– The right to object to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
If you wish to make use of your rights as an individual, please send us an email in which you indicate which right(s) you which to use. We will respond within four weeks of receiving your request.
- Processing agreement
We have processing or collaboration agreements with the third parties we use for personal data processing. This concerns the following parties:
– Gentleware B.V.: Processor and administrator of our customer database and CRM system;
– Google: Data analysis of our web traffic;